Join Our Team
American Plant in Bethesda, MD, is seeking a customer service oriented administrative assistant to answer telephones and provide administrative support including answering client questions, processing accounts receivable, maintaining office files and supplies, and computer support.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Two (2) years of progressive office experience in an administrative assistant role or equivalent.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Strong customer service skills for interaction with clients, vendors and internal staff, with ability to prioritize and organize.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions to complete routine procedures and/or operate standard equipment.
- Time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills necessary to work in handling various tasks and changing priorities, while maintaining a high attention to detail and accuracy to achieve daily assignments and goals.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency and personal initiative related to customer service and problem resolution duties with follow-through, professionalism, and sound business ethics.
This is a full-time position. We offer medical, dental and vision benefits, a 401(k) plan and paid time off.
If interested in this position please send a letter of interest and resume for further consideration.
American Plant, a locally owned garden center, is seeking an Annuals Manager for our Bethesda-Chevy Chase location. The annuals (flowering plants) manager is responsible for offering our clients an exemplary and unique personal shopping experience. We are looking for an individual with an upbeat, positive attitude and a proven leader in the field of customer service.
The Annuals Manager's duties include:
- Providing exceptional customer service
- Managing a department with $3.2 million in yearly sales
- Buying, organizing and care of plant material, as well as maintaining a clean department
- Managing a staff of up to 5-6 employess
- Creating visually appealing displays and cross merchandising
- Unloading of materials
The ideal candidate will have:
- Demonstrated experience in retail management
- Plant knowledge, including knowledge of vegetables and herbs
- Creativity in merchandising and design in a retail setting
- Self-starter and willingness to learn and grow with American Plant
This is a very fast-paced, physically demanding position that includes working outside in all weather conditions, walking on hard surfaces over a period of 8-10 hours, equaling up to as many as 10 miles per day, lifting and moving large flats of annual flowering plants daily (able to lift at least 40 lbs.) Must be able to work one weekend day.
We offer paid time off, medical, dental, and vision benefits, and a 401(k) plan.
If you are interested in this position, please reply with your resume and a brief letter of interest explaining why you would like to work for us.
American Plant is an inspired garden center, boutique & landscape design/build business that offers unparalleled plants, flowers, trees & shrubs, and landscape design services. With two Bethesda, MD retail locations and a Landscape Design|Build|Maintain division in Clarksburg, MD, the company offers organic and earth-friendly gardening solutions and a strong family legacy of service and personal attention.
Whether you know plants or just love them, American Plant invites you to join our incredible team of dedicated employees. While the majority of our hiring takes place in the spring, we do hire as needed full and part time seasonal positions in both our outdoor plant departments and inside our stores and we are always looking for talented people for management positions.
If interested in working at American Plant please send your resume with a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org